I was having a casual conversation with a client a few days ago and he shared with me a recently completed service request for one of his customers. After completing the service request, the customer was caught off-guard by the amount of time my client’s team had invested in providing a “Disney” moment (making their dreams come true). When he asked the customer why he was surprised, the customer replied, “When I talked to my team they told me that all you did was take a copy of an existing report and change the way it looked to make the new report”. It occurred to me that he had experienced “The Iceberg Syndrome”. An obstacle of sorts that often leads to misunderstanding and dissatisfaction with our customers, our teammates, and our colleagues. Typically found when the person or people on the receiving side only see the 10% of the iceberg that is visible above the water, but are unaware, or perhaps don’t understand the other 90% hidden from sight below the water.
Alignment Client Relationships Core Values Cultivating Clarity Interviewing Leadership Niche Raving Fans Team Player Why We Exist